Sunday 27 January 2019

Preparing for 2019

Image result for Welcome PNGAfter a lovely summer break, I'm ready to embark on yet another teaching adventure.  This year I have the senior students at Paparore School, and look forward to challenging them and learning alongside them.

This year I have also been asked to work for Manaiakalani one day a week, support teachers on their path of becoming 'digitally fluent.'

I look forward to strengthening my understand of the Manaiakalani Kaupapa and using their framework of "Learn, Create, Share" to support the learning of my students. My class site is ready for the start of the year and will continue to develop this with my students in mind.

My professional goals for the year include:

  • Building positive relationships with students that foster the love of learning;
  • Raising the achievement of my target students (more than one year's progress), using the Learn, Create, Share framework in numeracy and literacy;
  • Further develop my te reo and including this in my everyday routine;
  • Providing my students with an up to date site, which ensure all learning is rewindable at all times. 
These goals may change or evolve as the year progresses.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good break Venessa. You look well prepped for your class and we look forward to having you on the Manaiakalani team too. Have a fun and fabulous year.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy. I look forward to being on the team too and I'm sure that I will learn so much.

      Delete
  2. i love the way you made a good
    writing. very proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming to my blog Rynelle, that was very kind of you to leave me a comment.

      Delete